View Single Post
Old 1st October 2002
BS.Player Power User

xlv600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for the delay.

Great!
Many thanx 4 your upgrade, it solves the Bst's Nandub muxed AVI issue. I could retrieve a full HD filled with 53GB of DivX movies (146 files) with *no error* !
In fact it's quite easy to retrieve a full HDisk, you just have to launch Avicodec, check all but the debug options and select a HDisk, with a fake 'toto' filename.

Access violation
Unfortunately, I found that when recursing directories that contain files which filename have no extension AviCodec sends a funny Access violation 0048374E in module 'avicodec.exe'. Read of address 00000001. I guess it tried to open the file as a directory.
On my 2nd DivX HDisk, I got this error, and it prevented me to retrieve all the movies, I missed a third of them in the result list, and the missed one seemed OK on a file by file basis.

Request
I've tested the export feature. It's OK. But I would have some requests for further enhancement:
- You should add the FileDate information to the collection.
- Is it correct that audio codec Id is different for stream 1 and 2?
MP3(1) = 55 MP3(2) = 85
DivX(1) = 161 DivX(2) = 353
- Despite they appear in a file by file basis, Audio stream 2 fields are missing in the file export (in the GUI columns too!), a2Name and a2Url fields have both the same meaningless value (about 1e6).
- Data are not formated, I mean sizes unit is Byte, times unit is Secondes,video width and height are separated fields ... It may be a good choice as accuracy is preserved and data can be computed, but the user needs some Excel skills to exploit the results (for me that's OK ;-P).

Caution:
You've changed the page pointed by the link you provide. It should be http://p.duby.free.fr/avicodec.htm but this page is outdated with it's v0.8 version.

I know you prefer french, but more people can read english :(

:arrow: You've written a great app, you should upgrade your web side and give this app a wider audience.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20