View Single Post
Old 7th March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

allamala is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I think BSPlayer has already the feature to make vobsub unnecessary so why not use the built-in subtitle displaying? As far as i can judge it the Bsplayer subtitling has all features directvobsub has and even more ( color and font changes don't seem to be displayed in directvonsub ) and furthermore direct vob sub does not appear to be updated anymore...so if there are any problems with displaying subtitles you should report them, if there aren't then I'd love to know why you don't use the subtitle displaying that BSPlayer provides...after all I see no point why BSPlayer should add support that old piece of software called vobsub for newer files. To my mind a good media player needs as few additional programs as possible...and BSPlayer can already display subtitles so...
I'm not saying you shouldn't request such things, I'm not judging if this is anything worthy to be implemented, it's all up to the programmer anyways. I'm just mentioning it because I'd love to know what the subtitle displaying of BSPlayer lacks, or if you only don't realize that BSplayer can perfectly display the subtitles and you don't need direct vobsub.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20