View Single Post
Old 26th September 2004
BS.player Regular User

Dennis_Olof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default File or network cache ?

Hi.

I have been using BSplayer for a long time now, it's just great. Loads fast and playback is perfect. Forget Windows Media Player, before I found out about BSplayer I used Windows Media Player 6.4 (never 7.0 and above).

A while ago I had problems with my operatingsystem, since I play a lot of files (streamed) over the network I though the problem would go away if I used BS Player Pro with network cache. I tried it and it fixed the problem of jerky playback however the "cache" function didnt work the way it was supposed to, probably a bug. Anyway after re-installing my server (other computer) and my own, playback no works fine with ordinary BSplayer. So I dont need the pro version.

No to my request, instead of the Pro version where you can set the size of cache and so on, why not make a permanent change to the ordinary BS player, and by that I mean, inplementing a permanent "memory cache" with playback from any media Instead of having a file cache.

Im thinking something like (256Kb cache or 512 in RAM) so that playback from cd-rom (or dvd-rom), network, or just local harddrive will work better. Some systems sometimes do lots of disk functions, cache or whatever the operating system is up to and it makes playback jerky sometimes.

That would make playback a bit better and most systems have extra memory to spare :)

Just a though, otherwise BS player is a dream. It's the best :]

:D

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20