View Single Post
Old 31st December 2002
BS.Player Newbie

Bubba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Windows XP Enhanced Autorun

Hi. I'm new here, although not new to BSPlayer. My multimedia PC runs Windows XP, and my family use it to watch Divx's on the tv. However, these divx's are usually burned onto cd by other people, and therefore don't have bsplayer ini files on them. So, I wrote a program that takes advantage of the Windows XP Autorun v2 standard - such as the box that appears saying that the cd contains "Video Files". I've had it in testing for a few days, but finally cracked a problem with the NSIS installer, so now everything happens automatically - in theory anyway!

For this to work, you need to have BSPlayer installed to the hard drive - and for everything to happen automatically, you must have downloaded the installer version of BSPlayer. Just make sure the program is installed into the same folder as bsplayer - then everything should be fine. If you prefer not to open the movie fullscreen, change the startfs=1 tp startfs=0 in the settings.ini file will disable the -fs command.

The program requires you to specify which extensions will be added to the bsplayer playlist. I've added a few by default - if you want to add more, simply open the settings.ini file and add / remove / change extensions. Shortly, I'll get round to writing an extension editor program, but until then you can still do it manually. If you have any problems, let me know by replying here - i'm interested to see how it works!

Cheers

Bubba
Attached Files
File Type: exe 760_1041302168.exe (68.6 KB, 959 views)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20