View Single Post
Old 14th February 2005
BS.Player Newbie

avok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Intervideo preferences not saved/don't have effect

I searched and found multiple postings on this subject and not a single one with a meaningful answer.
I have several avi files with dts sound and I use avi2ac3filter.ax from http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli to extract the dts stream and pass it to intervideo decoder. This decoder is installed as part of my windvd 6 installation (6.0 B06.056) But then I need this stream passed through SPDIF to my external decoder. It works only through filters -> intervideo settings. And the bsplayer (pro 1.02 812) preference page only shows the same state set through filter properties and changing it has no effect at all. And the intervideo settings are not remembered at startup. When switching to the next part of the same avi file the settings are also lost. It's very annoying. Please, say if you will fix that or not.

Strange that the windvd itself is configured to SPDIF passthrough and it does not work correctly also. If avi2ac3filter.ax is installed windvd then passes only two channels to the external decoder. It seems it runs its own filter with its default 2 channel settings and then passes these channels to SPDIF instead of the original stream. When no avi2ac3filter.ax windvd does not recognize any sound source in the avi.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20