View Single Post
Old 9th March 2005
BS.Player Newbie

didjit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default URGENT! Fully support to NERO DIGITAL format. NOW!!!

:shock:
OH MY GOD! I just discovered NERO Digital video format! With some patience I think this will rule all over the others MPEG4 formats.

I just feel like I should spread the news. IT IS SOOOOO MUCH BETTER than DivX and XviD....

Then you all ask me: "Why is it so cool?"

Well, the coolest feature is that we can create a .MP4 video file with up to 2 audio streams + up to 2 subtitles + chapter markings in a better image quality video file!.

YES! No more subtitle searching! No risk subtitles are unsynchronized anymore! You just rip up 2 of the ORIGINAL DVD SUBTITLES and it stays in the same file your video is!
And the audio? Well, it hassles me ALOT when I dload a movie in eMule and it isn't with the original audio! I am sure many of you also had this problem. With Nero Digital there is no more risk of that happening so the ripper can rip the original audio and another one language audio in the same file so we can select wich one we want to hear.
Oh and the chapter feature! Is also cool we can rip the original chapter markings inside of the video file so we can jump easily to next scene.

And it is so easy to rip a DVD into a .MP4 file! No more bitrate calculations in order to fit it in one or two 80min CD-R or in any other type of media! In fact you just put in there the size you want the .MP4 to be and that's it!

There are some things I still got to test it out. Like if NERO is able to detect the audios, subtitles and chapter markings inside the MP4 file when we try to burn it into DVD format so we can watch the movie in any DVD player. If it can detect and create a DVD from a MP4 file with 2 audio streams, subtitles and chapter markings DON'T YOU AGREE IT WOULD BE AWESOME so we can get a MP4 file and "re-generate" the original DVD!
If it's not supported yet, I am sure it will be in a near future.

Then you might ask me: "WHY are you posting such a BSPlayer cuncurrent publicity in this forum?"
I think BSPlayer is the most complete player out there and I would love to have fully support of Nero Digital media, such as being able to read the chapter markings, the 2 audio streams and the 2 subtitles that are already stored inside of the MP4 file, so I don't need to use Nero ShowTime player in order to proper watching Nero Digital files. In fact, as Nero Digital is already a MPEG4 format, BSPlayer can play it no problems but still we cannot select the subtitles, the audio streams and chapter inside of it.

In order to generate a Nero Digital MP4 file you got to install Nero Packages 1 and 2, wich can be downloaded at:
http://www.ahead.de/en/nero-prog.php

After installing Nero package 1 and 2 you should have all the DVD+AAC plugins, that can be found all in one package at:
http://download.softpedia.com/softwa...lugin.Pack.msi

You got to have Nero and all the plugins properly REGISTERED as well!!

To know more about Nero Digital format go to:
http://www.nerodigital.com/eng/index.html

I hope BSPLAYER crew add fully support for this GREAT MPEG4 format soon!

I would love to see some comments in here!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20