View Single Post
Old 24th March 2005
BS.Player Newbie

LighthouseJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eats up CPU after a long time / full-screen issues

I have BSPlayer 1.22 (build 817) installed on a rather fresh reinstall of Windows XP Home (merely a cleaning, not emergency reinstall), running on a 1.4GHz Pentium M with an NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 video card. This is a laptop but I also plug in a 21" CRT which shows the video on there simultaneously. This makes it easier to watch at a distance and angles than the laptop LCD.

I have these TV recordings encoded with Xvid that I play with the ffdshow decoder, and no options turned on. I like to play them at night and fall asleep while it plays. Before the reinstall, it would play through the morning no problem (not sure if it's the same build of BSPlayer). However, now they play fine until I go to sleep but in the morning, I wake up and the video moves extremely slowly. I can manage to bring up the Task Manager and find out that BSPlayer is using 99% of the CPU. I end up terminating the process so my laptop can cooldown and I can continue on with my day. I don't think it's caused by anything else because I have just about the same programs installed as before, the installation is just cleaner. Any help or tips to try would be greatly appreciated.

Second issue is simpler to explain. In the aforementioned situation where I play recordings at night, sometimes BSPlayer goes out of full-screen mode but the picture behaves like it still is in full-screen mode. I made sure to check the "Full Screen" on every file but it still occurs. Sometimes the window will fill the top 3/4 of the screen and cut off the bottom 1/4, showing my desktop. I tried the search feature here on the forum but couldn't find anything, so I apologize if this issue has already been mentioned.

I'm willing to testbed any ideas to help figure the problem out because I doubt anyone else can recreate these bugs if I haven't found anyone else mention the issue. Thanks a lot and BSPlayer has been my player of choice for years, Nate.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20