View Single Post
Old 24th April 2005
BS.Player Newbie

amichael is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BS Player Crashes...no error..

Every time I try and open this movie file (an xvid with subtitle file in the same folder, same name) it crashes with no error.

When I rename the file it plays fine so it obviously does not like the subtitles file (*.sub and *.idx) as it tries to load it automatically.

If I try and open the sub titles file from within the movie - they simply do not appear i.e does not load the subs file.

I am using BS Player V1.22 build 817. I have Dire3ctVobSub V2.23,DIVX 5.2.1 and Moonlight MPEG-2 Decoder pack 2.1.4316.

I also have another XVID movie file with subs file and they work fine even though the bs player control panel does not name the substitle file it's using.
When I check out the problem xvid file in GSPOT it says the codec file for the movie is not installed, but then again it says that of most of the other movie files, but they at least work.

One last point to add is upon enetring gspot, before giving it the movie file it sattes that I have 46 video codecs loaded and 28 audio codes. er ? what ? Is there a program that will list what all these are or how do I remove them all and reinstall from scratch ?

To take this problem to a further level....weird level I have actually managed to play the problem xvid file and it's substitles without a hitch on about 3 occasions, but can never erplicate my steps to get it working all the time. Once just by opening a number of other avi/xvid files and then opening the problem one went without a hitch. When I stopped it and tried again I was back to square one. Another occasion by renaming the problem file, playing it, stopping it and renaming it back it then worked fine with the subs automatically - BUT when stopping it and trying it for the second time it crash out again.

If it sounds confusing that's beacuse it is ! I don't know what else to try or do.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20