Thread: Player crashes
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Ramirezi is an unknown quantity at this point

I installed GSpot and loaded the file into it. The problem is at the bottom, the render button is not highlighted, so I cannot click on it.

On the right it says
Codec:
4CC
DX50/divx Name: DivX 5.0

Stat: Codec not installed (when I click on that it says that this file might not play on my OS. I'm just assuming I have an older DivX codec even though I installed the DivX player 2 days ago)

Under Audio, it has this under codec

ac3 (0x2000) Dolby Laboratories, Inc

That also says codec is not installed (and yes, I installed the audio codec that I was told I should when I originally downloaded the file)

I admit, I'm a codec pack junkie. I always want to have all the codecs because I'm always working with converting and making media, plus downloading tons of media people have created with different codecs. I like to have everything I need installed so I always assumed that the codec packs were necessary. I've been using them for years, usually Nemo's codec pack and never had trouble.

So what I should be doing is installing the DivX5.0 codec and the ac3 codec as stated in #4, correct? Is there anything else I should do since I was not able to click the render button?

Oh, I forgot, under stream type it says:
OpenDML AVI
IMRR 1.0
I/L 1 aud frame (32 ms) Split: Yes

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20