View Single Post
Old 6th June 2005
BS.player Regular User

mhanor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anormal playback rate behavior

I'll start with a question, which goes to BSPlayer's developer team:
what controls the normal and custom playback rate of a video file? the player? the video codec? the video drivers?

I have an issue related to custom playback rate of XviD video files, using the latest XviD codecs (Koepi's XviD 1.0.3 and Koepi's XviD 1.1.0 beta 2), two video players: BSPlayer (build 817) & Media Player Classic (6.4.8.2 and 6.4.8.4) and the latest official (1.04.00) and 3rd party video drivers (SFFT28&SFFT29 from 3dfxzone.it) for a standard Voodoo4 4500 AGP video card, installed on my system. I have tried several combinations of video drivers and XviD codecs (from the list above) with both video players.

It manifests like this, in both video players (BSPlayer and Media Player Classic):
- when selecting a playback rate above the normal one, nothing happens, the playback rate doesn't change, although BSPlayer's OSD displays the selected playback rate correctly.
- selecting a playback rate below the normal one results in instantaneous system reset; I must mention that the option "Automatically reboot" from "System propreties -> Advanced -> Startup and recovery" is disabled!

I also tested on another PC (different hardware configuration, Windows XP SP1, DirectX 9c, XviD 1.1.0 beta 2 with both video players), but it worked as it should.

I don't know to whom should I address this issue
I hope that a answer from a BSPlayer developer helps me decide.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20