Thread: RatDVD support
View Single Post
Old 7th June 2005
BS.player Regular User

lwc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RatDVD support

I'm sure many of you have heard by now about possibly the future MP3 for movies - RatDVD.

It is a video as well as a music encoder that takes an entire DVD (if it's protected, you must break it with some other program first) and compresses its video and audio into one single file - with a RatDVD extension - that maintains the subtitles, menus, soundtracks, etc.

The video encoder is based on XviD and the audio is a virtual AC3.

To tell you the truth, I still haven't found a RatDVD file so I can't test it with BSPlayer. I mean, who knows, it might even work (RatDVD officialy works with Windows Media Player 10, but I don't know how).

Anyway, can the authors comment here whether BSPlayer officially works with RatDVD files and if not, will it work with them in the future?
Remember that not only must it support the RatDVD file's video and audio, but the special DVD features too, which, once again - unlike DivX/XviD - are internal.

Just so you know, RatDVD's site provides an open code for video players' programmers to implement in their programs in order to support it.

If this is truly the next big thing, surely you want to be among the first to join the wagon.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20