View Single Post
Old 18th June 2005
BS.Player Newbie

bluemoon is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm baaaaaack.

O.K., let's try this again.

Since the OS reinstall, the only thing installed is the default Windows Media Player 6.4.

So if I install BSPlayer (from the k-lite package), Real Alternative, Quicktime Alternative, & the proper Codec Installation Package for Windows Media Player from Microsoft, should that theoretically take care of playing locally or streaming Real, Quicktime, & the latest WMP files?

Note from Microsoft: If you do not have Windows Media Player 9 Series or later installed and cannot play content by using the Windows Media Video 9 or Windows Media Audio 9 Voice codecs from a Player embedded in a Web page, consider downloading the codec installation package for Windows Media Player 6.4 as well.

Which is the appropriate codec package: wmp6cdcs.exe, WM9Codecs9x.exe, wmv9VCMsetup.exe, or a combination of them?

Will they automatically be placed in the proper directory when installed?

Would that be "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM"?

Will I be given an option to handpick the codecs?

If so should I just install the complete package?

Should I use ffdsow to cover the codecs for other types of files? If not, which from the list from adicoto would you recommend?

Didn't I hear that there were some problems associated with ffdsow?

Phhew, lot of questions, eh? I know, but I just wanna get it right. No more pain in the a** OS reinstalls planned in the near future...lol :roll:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7.8, Gecko/20050616 Firefox/1.0.4

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20