View Single Post
Old 27th August 2005
BS.Player Newbie

heiglman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Videos deleted after closing BSplayer

I have been having problems for the past few days with BS player telling me that videos were in an unknown file format, although they still played but I was not able to take caps from them

the message that popped up was 'Unknown File Format 0' and many of the videos were in movie file (mpeg) format which I had ticked in the video formats allowed section of preferences :?

However this morning after watching a Rachel Stevens video I closed the player and ALL of the video files in that particular folder were wiped from my computer :evil:

luckily I have most of my videos backed up though there are some which were not and are now lost, if I am lucky I may find them online somewhere

I have done extensive serches for them, by name and even looked in hidden files without any success whatsoever

Understanably I have now permanently deleted BS Player from my computer and only God himself will now will have the ability to convince me to re-install it ever again

The question is what went wrong? Has this happened to anyone else and if it did, what happened to their files? Did they ever find them again?

Ray :(

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20