View Single Post
Old 21st October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

jay911 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, thanks for the reply.

I don't see just firect sound in either bs players prefs. or in control panel under sounds.

basically I think I know that I am missing codecs for basically everything, and now I just found out that windows media player, power dvd, bs player, and quicktime all do not play the file with sound.

The only media player that plays with sound is VLC for video and audio, and winamp, cause that's all I use for music.

Somehow I don't have the right codecs, all of a sudden, I need to find the codecs and dl them, I read the help section on this, and got videoinsoector, and it has a thumns down icon next to the audio, for most movies, and says not installed, but in video of course is fine, so I need to find these codec packs that I need. I already downloaded the xvid, and divx packs, and still can't play with sound using bs, or any other player.

I don't know why all of a sudden I can't play any file without using VLC. I can't work subs with Vobsub, and VLC, as I just don't know how. I'm open for any help.
thanks again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20