View Single Post
Old 10th April 2006
BS.player Regular User

Opencloud is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
Usually this is a problem on win98 installations when applications not designed to work on that system are instelled there. Have you installed codec packs (Nimo Codec Pack for example)?
Then you can try to follow these instructions:
1. Re-install DirectX 9 (you already done this)
2. Re-install Windows Mediaplayer 9

By reinstalling Windows media player 9 the problem should be fixed, otherwise follow also these steps:

3. Download quartz.dll from here: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...s.shtml?quartz
4. Overwrite your quartz.dll file (by default located in C:\WINDOWS\System\ folder), and re-register quartz.dll

Hope this works for you!

If the previous steps didn't worked, then search for "delayloadfailurehook" string in the registry and delete it before you reinstall windows media player:
1. Click on Start, then Run
2. Type regedit and press Enter
3. Click on the menu item Edit and then on Find
4. Search for delayloadfailurehook and once you find it delete from the registry
5. Reinstall Windows Media Player

I ran into a few conflicts with your solution. Firstly I don't how to re-register the quartz.dll spefically. I assumed you through BSPlayer, but there were mutiple names that represented quartz.dll. Secondly when I searched for ''delayloadfailurehook'' it just searched endlessly with no results.

To J7N

I looked for WMP 6.4 and it said it was only for Windows 95 and Windows NT; I only have Windows 98, would that cause a problem? And I wouldn't know how to overwrite the system files with WMP.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20