View Single Post
Old 19th April 2006
BS.Player Newbie

montoto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J7N
If your comp is slow compared to the content you are going to play, I recommend installing ffdshow video decoder for MPEG-4 (DivX, XviD, H264) and Elecard MPEG2 Decoder for MPEG-2 (DVD) playback. Prior to that you must uninstall any DivXNetworks software. You may keep XviD codec (if you do have one) in case you want to compress something. If you decide to install ffdshow, you must enable the video and audio formats you want to decode and leave others (like Mp3) unchecked, and also disable any post-processing. ffdshow can be re-configured later using Start menu shortcuts or the property sheet of this filter.

The background application might be a harmless tray icon, but may also be doing some redundant demuxing, dunno: Check CPU usage in a task manager.

FFDShow has no drawbacks compared to latest DivX software. Even distributive size (dxn = 15 MB) and mem usage is better.
Thanks for this advice; but at the moment everything works fine so I'll let the config as is, then if I've get problems with some movie or larger file I'll try this.

:arrow: I've downloaded a TS file, it plays ok with VLC, but when I select the subs it doesn't show them at the screen, do you know what could be posible causing this?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20