View Single Post
Old 26th April 2006
BS.Player Newbie

-Jani- is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Wow, you went "back in time" surely more than necessary. Why don't you try BSplayer v1.37 build 826 (the last version without adware)?
Hehe, yeah thing is I firstly went to the latest version but after seeing it is 'infected' I just went for my backup CD and got a version from there (didn't real know which version it was till you asked me for it :D but figured - and still do - it's just gotta work anyhow...)

Quote:
(In my previous post I wasn't suggesting you to do anything but I just asked for some information and I referred you to my Help2Help post to help you finding it.)
No no, it's OK, I understand, I just told you what I had already tried before ever posting here.

Quote:
You could also try DivX5.2.1 (or a newer version of ffdshow, but I don't really use ffdshow myself).
In fact I had DivX 5.2.1 prior to this all (then the update to latest DivX codec screwed everything up as stated and I installed FFDShow...) but note - the pausing problem was there already.
I chose this version of FFDShow since it's been recommended elsewhere as (the) best and lots of people seem to have some problems with newer versions.

Didn't really give any more info since the author of this thread pretty much explained all but here's my additional info:
Win XP PRO SP2
Nvidia FX5600XT (drivers 84.21 = latest but same with old 7x.xx something)
DirectX 9.0c
+ I also got AC3 Filter installed
Got same system as author actually: Athlon 2500+, 512 RAM

Jani

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20