View Single Post
Old 15th July 2006
BS.Player Newbie

perfection is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cannot hyperlink BSPlayer associated filein PPT

Hi I am a newbie to BSplayer and downloaded the same since i heard so much about it
I changed the file associations of my wmv and mpg files to play with BSPlayer as the default (i also have WMP 11 installed and for info my OS is winXP). The file icon changes to BSPlayer and they open with BSplayer when clicked in explorer. Even the file type tab reflects the change in the association and so does the registry recognise the default player as BSplayer. The video file mpg and wmv is also cleanly disassociated from the file types ofg Windows media player.
Now for the problem - in Microsoft Office Powerpoint i have created a hyperlink that points to my BSplayer associated mpg video file. However on clicking the hyperlink when the slide slow is on i get the following message "No program is registered to open this file". I have also tried the earlier version of BSPlayer 1.42 as well as the latest version 2.0

What am i doing wrong and is there any corrective measure for this problem

Also i am having a problem associating mp3 files with BSplayer even though they are disassociated from my earlier default palyer WMP. Icon does noit change nor does the player (WMP pops up yet to play mp3 files) until i manually change the association in the file type tab of folder options

Please help

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20