View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2007
BS.Player Newbie

immerczeck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bsplayer all versions + ffdshow + haali =crash

good day.

My problem is the following :

whenever I try open a MKV file with embedded subtitles, and try to switch to another subtitle track, the player crashes. The as-always-useful windows debugging tool incriminates ntdll.dll
However, this problems appears to occur only when the embedded subtitle track I choose is in VOB format.

On another forum, satsuki I believe, I saw that my version of bsplayer, which was at this time 2.12, could be the cause. I downgraded to 2.11, which should, according to the post in that forum, have solved the problem. No result.
I desinstalled bsplayer 2.11, ffdshow and haali and installed older versions of the three, which I knew were working, for I had used them before.(also cleaned the registry)
Still no result. (I tried several older versions of bsplayer)
I then reinstalled windows XP, and still the same. I tried not to get angry about this, but I'm at my limit there so please if there is someone who knows an answer please do so.

Immerczeck

PS:The thing I haven't done yet is installing a crashy codec pack like K-Lite Mega but this was precisely the thing I was trying to avoid by installing my filters...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20