View Single Post
Old 17th April 2007
BS.player Regular User

Default_Def is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What program Codex’s does BSplayer NEED to work properly?

Hi me again :)

I liked BSplayer so much I told a friend about it (He was using at least 5 different players just to open 5 different file types, and since the BSplayer can do almost all of them using one player only (IIRC), I told him about it, he looked at the site and liked it.)

Se he decided to blank (format) his HDD and reinstall the OS to the factory settings of when he got it (we both do this for security/personal reasons once in a while)

And after it booted up perfectly for first time , we installed BSplayer (only installed WinZip and WinRar first, nothing else) and then decide to watch some files and stuff.

But when we try and open the file, it says:

“…Error:

Can’t open file…”
:x

01) What do we need, ‘minimal’ on his OS to play all types of audio/video files,or just the most common ones and stuff?

:!: BSplayer: v1.37 (build 826, 11. Dec 2005)

His PC Info:
DirectX: 9.0c
CPU: AMD Athlon XP, 1800 MHz (13.5 x 133) 2400+
RAM: 1024 MB
Video Card: nVIDIA GeForce 6200 AGP

I was able to get the exact name of the file also, might help:

- “[a4e]Lost_Universe_01[divx5.2.1].mkv”
“…So the video format is DX50. Thats MPEG-4 ASP, more commonly known as DivX…”
*I was able to put this file on my computer and see the file type, it was the same as one of mine I had problems with, so I quoted ‘J7N’ on what he/she said on what type it was for your info*

After we got that error, I went to www.divx.com and downloaded ‘DivX for Windows 6.5’ and installed just the codex part, only parts that are selected, nothing else:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6605/untitledto3.jpg

But, after restarting computer and trying to open file again, same error, any ideas?

I bet it’s something simple, hopefully.
:?

I was thinking about installing these to fix this, but no idea if will help or make it worse, haven’t done anything else yet:
- Gabest's splitter *
- DivX 3.11 **

* Already have, from topic before.
**No idea were to get this, can I have the official URL please?

Ty again for all the help and advise!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20