View Single Post
Old 8th June 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Lobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobby
both the avi file and subtitle name is Prison Break S03E01.srt when we talk about the first episode, the numbers change thought, accordingly to the episode ( 2 episode-> Prison Break S03E02.srt)
And yes I it may seem a bit funny that my avi fail has the <name> and in the end there is ".srt", but otherwise subtitles wouldn't open automatically
Still unclear what type of video we're talking about. May I suggest to rename the video files so that they properly end with .avi instead of .srt. Further I again refer to the last sentence of item (3) of my Help2Help-post. What filters/codecs are used by BS.Player when playing the video?

As to the codecs, I'm a total newbie on this area, still I downloaded GSpot and as much as I can eliminate from there:
Codec, video: XVID (??) Name: XVID
Codec, audio: 0x0055(MP3, ISO) MPEG-1 Layer 3; I hope this helps

And now I try to explain why I use .srt in the end of my movie file.
I learned that if I want to watch a movie from my DVD disc, both, the subtitle AND the movie file have to have the same name, if I want the subtitles to load automatically. If I put .avi in the end of my movie file, then I have to do the same thing with my subtitle file, but if my subtitle file has .avi in the end then BSplayer (or any other one) won't witness it (the subtitle file) as a subtitle file, because a subtitle file (as you all know, I'm sure) presumes an end like .srt or .sub or whatever like this. And then I can't watch movies with subtitles from my discs (which ofcourse isn't a catastrophe, just a question of comfort) So if there's another, and maybe an easier way to automatically load subtitles, let me know....
I hope you guys understand my -not-so-good- english

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20