View Single Post
Old 13th October 2008
BS.Player Newbie

SH1oN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You can try to move the picture up /down by using Numpad keys 2 and 8
This works, I can read subtitles, but now the picture still remains stretched at upper side.

Quote:
I think that SH1oN means by "smart stretch" a special subtitle option like many wide screen TVs offer for displaying 4:3 broadcasts with subtitles: these TV's have a feature to enlarge the picture somewhat unevenly (or somewhat distorted if you want), to the effect that the lower part of the screen (where usually subs are positioned) is treated different from the main part of the screen. Though this unevitably results in a somewhat distorted screen at the very bottom, it isn't really annoying and two lines of subs are shown without further fuss.
Right that, BSPeter! The central part of screen is relatively unchanged as for our eyes are most concentrated on it as we watch video, but other parts are distorted. Now by this way the picture is still alternated as if it's stretched but in a very acceptable manner.

Well, I only want to suggest "smart stretch" as improvement for BSPlayer. I mean I can always watch those "problematic" videos on some other player which has that option, but they never gives mi so quality picture as BS do. Thanks for help, and greetings!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20