View Single Post
Old 29th May 2009
BS.Player Power User

grendizer is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

I have almost the same problem as Cosmitz
I didn't like the Ffdshow program to be inside the c:\users\appdate\roaming\BsPlayer folder. I like it better when it is installed in c:\program files (x86)\ffdshow, this is better for the program updates.
So I uninstalled FFdshow 32 bits, then deleted the folder inside this bsplayer folder, rebooted, then re installed FFdshow 32, rebooted, then played a video that should be decoded by FFdshow:
- Only the sound plays well, as for the video: sometimes it plays, sometimes it stays frozen on the first frame.
- In bsplayer > right click > options > filters > no FFdshow appears. Other codecs appears for the decoding of the audio and video.
- The 2 Ffdshow icons do not appear anymore in the systray. Using Windows Media Player, these 2 icons appear in the systray.
So then I used Bsplayer to browse all codecs.
I saw 2 FFdshow audio decoders, one was strangely refering to "quartz.dll" which is a Microsoft codec. The other one was pointing to: "Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax, 3554816 bytes, Version 1.0.5.2945", I used the "re-register filter" button on this one.
I saw 1 FFdshow video decoder, refering to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax, 3554816 bytes, Version 1.0.5.2945", I used the "re-register filter" button on this.

But it still doesn't work (same 3 problems as stated above).
Why is that? How can I enable Ffdshow and its systray icons while playing a video in Bsplayer?

Thanks
Gz

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20