View Single Post
Old 5th September 2009
BS.player Regular User

zmth is on a distinguished road
Question Need for instructions and more sensible formats

What is frustrating and makes little sense is after doing alt E to get into the playlist menu? (i guess that's what you may call it) nowhere does the name of a named playlist
appear prominently or at all - but it always says just 'playlist' at the top and nothing else no matter what . Instead of just playlist at top it should read ' playlist : name ' if the playlist first brought into the window already has been saved and named 'name' or else say ' playlist : untitled ' if the page is blank or otherwise as yet to have been named or saved to disk. And at the bottom instead of having to first click list and then ' load from file' or 'save to file' it should appear prominently ' save playlist ' or ' load playlist ' without having to go into or under any other menu first such as under ' list ' . A playlist is usually a group of files and not thought of as a single file so the term ' load from file' or 'save to file ' is not thought of as denoting anything to do with a playlist and nowhere does it say or imply to the effect ' create your own playlist here ' for example . Also missing is the command to play a named or otherwise playlist . One might surmise that to play a playlist then go under menu ' open file ' just as for a regular media file but instead use the name of the playlist which apparently is stored as a file with a certain extension? - but one has no assurance if that is a reliable way to do it so the question still remains in ones mind of how does one play a playlist ?

Another inconsistency is under the 'media library ' ? section where at top appears ' BS player Ml ' there is a part at left where one may create a ' playlist ' which i did try before and then can add files in media library to these ' playlist ' names. So what is the relation of these playlists to the ones formed under alt - E 'playlist ' ? menu . And nowhere did the names i gave the these playlists created in this media section turn up to be available anywhere on the hardrive ?

I guess the biggest drawback is that there no help file nor instructions explaining all these unclear things ? FAQ and searching posts is no substitute for general properly written instructions of how to use the BS program and all it's features in general .

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20