View Single Post
Old 17th January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

g4danny is on a distinguished road
Default Regarding the progress bar

Hi BSPeter,

thank you for your support. What I meant by the progress bar issue is the following:

Suppose I have a long audio, which corresponds to 29 hours of playback exactly. What I see as the length of track is, I think, 05 hours (29 modulo 24). The progress bar as an indicator is also set up so that it starts at zero and *completely fills up* after 5 hours, not 29 hours. So after those 5 hours the playback continues (!), but progress bar is fill and not changing and the time tracking info will show 05:00:00/05:00:00. This tells us that an update will need to include not only a correction of the textual information (05:00:00 -> 029:00:00 for example), but also set the progress bar range to the real track length.

The other thing I wrote about the progress bar as a *control* concerns the situation, when I manually move the slider to a customary start position. This function only (!) works as if the progress bar corresponds to the FULL length of track, so that the entire track is accessible to this manual slider positioning, from 0 to 100% of the real track length. Needless to say, though, that when I position the slider to 50% of my 29 hour track, the textual information on time-in-track is 02:30:00/05:00:00.

As far as the solution paths go, I would prefer displaying the number of days, so to change the textual info format to dd:hh:mm:ss, but I will easily accept a wide-hour format like hhh:mm:ss as well. The latter has a theoretical limit of 1000 hours = 41 days 16 hours, and that is far enough for any conceivable audiobook I am ever likely to possess.

Cheers!
Daniel

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20