View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2010
BS.player Regular User

Arioch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Windows 7 + Aero + BSplayer = Stuttering headache

Hello
I have not been writing much on these forums. I have now encountered a problem that I am unable to solve on my own, and I thought I would post here to see if anyone here have a good idea on how to solve it.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on a Q6600 2.4GHZ cpu, GeForce 8800GTX, and P45 chipset motherboard, using a raid 0 setup with 2 x 250GB harddrives. In short, more than enough to play video even in HD resolutions.

If I have Aero enabled and use the EVR render (which does not turn of aero) I get video stuttering. Audio plays fine. But video is not smooth at all. If I disable aero and keep the EVR renderer, the playback is smooth.

Playback is smooth with Aero on if I use windows media player that comes with windows 7 instead too. But I much rather prefer using bsplayer.

Any suggestions? I would like to not have to switch off aero every time I play a video since I do work at the same time in a multi monitor environment, and I prefer the aero look compared to the windows 7 basic interface.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20