View Single Post
Old 16th May 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Amalfi Marini II is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I know what you mean

I didn't know I could interleave AC3 using virtual dub(the mod is exactly like nandub so it's flawed), but I though AVI mux GUI will help me and it didn't. I tried many configurations in the interleave but none helped... Anyway I still think the idea of an ultrabuffer is good, since sometimes when I visit some friend and I go with my DivX movies I try to play them and I always have a problem, if it's not the speed of the CD drive it's because the drive is dirty and in the middle of the movie it does some retrys. Then we have the famous LG CD rom Drive (LG 8522B) that you cannot set the spin down wait time value to your needs... So in any case the ultrabuffer can help.
And the most stupid thing I ever saw (you can notice it making a test) is that when I'm watching a movie with bsplayer (or anyplayer I think) and I just saw an awesome scene and I pause the movie to see it again, I skip back a little using the movie position slider, and the CD drive doens't make any read in the whole scene because it it's already loaded in memory, and it plays smoothly until it reaches the position I paused. So, if when you see a movie the player (or the codec, or windows) uses some RAM to allocate the frames you already saw, why not to use some ram to allocate those you haven't ???it's ridiculous. Why doesn't the CD rom take an advance to the movie? I think it should load what is coming and not load what it's happening, if you know what I mean.
Anyway I will try your suggestion I'll keep on trying

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20