View Single Post
Old 28th April 2010
BS.player Regular User

beholder4096 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, guess what: I've tried that in the 1st place. The same problems (pan-scan gets to default minus 15 percent). Funnily enough, video in fullscreen gets smaller and smaller as I change the 3 basic aspect ratios at fullscreen repeatedly.

And when changing the video from fullscreen to windowed and then back to fullscreen (and so on) the video gets so small that it is invisible. Changing pan-scan to anything above -100% (negative hundred percent) will eventually show it.

Why would a pan-scan with BELOW minus 100 percent be even implemented, is a mystery to me. It doesn't make sense to make something so small that it's invisible.
I mean think about it.. in reality when something is made smaller than NEGATIVE 100 percent of the original, it disappears - it becomes a black hole which actually gets wider with its event horizont size growing with each negative percentage point added to minus 100.

The point is that changing pan-scan to -100 or below doesn't make sense. I saw the video at -99.5 percent, it was just a few px wide and long. -99.999999 percent would make it 1px wide, I guess. But -100 is impossible. Video disappears. EDIT: Turns out normal BSplayer pan-scan behavior doesn't enable video to get below -30 percent or so. The negative size change below minus 100 percent happens only when switching between window and fullscreen, btw.

The other point is that this is a moot point, since what really doesn't work for me is the default pan-scan value which has to be changed manually to get video sized correctly. Regardless aspect ratio, mind you.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20