View Single Post
Old 25th May 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Greatwolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlv600
I didn't know that PowerDVD could let you watch something else than DVD's.
yes powerdvd lets you play a variety of formats as long as the codecs available. Only thing I don't like about it is that it completely screws up my volume control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Did you already try this approach?
yes I did changing the physical brightness/contrast control on my monitor is a no no. That's completely out of the question considering that I already have it calibrated properly and second, it'll screw up the display for the rest of my desktop. Shouldn't have to do that just to make the video brighter.

As far as adjusting the brightness in codec properties, it doesn't work simply because there's no such settings for it.

I have been trying ffdshow out lately but I'm running into some problems with it. If I pick one of the codecs for mpeg in it's pulldown menu then the playback ends up as a blackscreen for me but the audio plays fine. I'd also like to know which video formats this ffdshow is capable of playing back. Like for example, can I uninstall nimo's codec pack and just use ffdshow as it's replacement? If you guys can provide a link somewhere that explains how to get ffdshow to work properly I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20