View Single Post
Old 8th June 2003
BS.Player Power User

bluedan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default report on new build 86.496

Glad to see you back, BST.
Just played around a bit with the new build.
One of the subtitle fixes you wrote about is obviously the closing tags problem with embeded srt in ogm: They're not being shown anymore. Great.
One of the remaining issues concerning multi-audio stream ogm is that the player launches an error message when you try to switch back from the last (in my cases the 2nd) to the first audio stream (=cycling).
Also, when using internal sub engine cycling through subtitle streams (hotkey) is disabled, not even possible through menue clicks.

And another small bug - I decided to list them here, though they have been reported before. But you have been unspecific about several small bugs you have fixed.
WAtching a 2CD movie the player does not keep the audio/sub streams selected in CD1 when shifting to CD N°2 if it differs from the preset in bsi file. It always starts with the preset from bsi file on CD N°2.

Somehow, the player has become a little bit more unstable. When I changed some settings in the filter row (ffdshow, for exemple, latest version) it crashed without a warning, which it rarely did before.

Well, I#m still looking forward to version 1.0. Keep on!

Edit: will matroska be supported in the near future? It looks promising, and core media player is already functional with it!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20