View Single Post
Old 17th June 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Asterix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
I just tried myself for this (Softonic's) download-url: Download BS.Player and the result of VirusTotal (F-Prot included!) is 0/42 !!
(I had VirusTotal download itself the BS.Player installation-file from the Softonic server directly. Do/did you do that too, or did you download first to your PC and then upload to VirusTotal? If you used the 2nd option, maybe it is something on your own PC which has changed/damaged/infected the file before you subsequently uploaded it to VirusTotal or maybe the file is damaged during upload!) Anyhow it still always remains possible that some single virus-scanner produces a false alarm. Softonic's policy is to execute a professional human/manual check in such cases to prevent a totally reliable program from being reported as malware. Unfortunately apparently VirusTotal doesn't do this. Instead it relies on its users (surely most of them being non-experts on the subject of recognizing malware).

etc.etc...
Many thanks for your complete explanations.
Anyway I continued to use my old BSPlayer, which I like very much but I simply was concerned by those bad results.
Usually I download first a file to my pc and then upload it to Virus Total.
To download a file directly from the server to Virus Total seems to be a better option.
Some old versions of a software cannot be found always on the official website.
Thanks again for your help and be convinced I wanted to believe you from the beginning and I trust you.
Sorry for possible missunderstanding.
I'm a big fan of BSPlayer, which is certainly the best player!
My best wishes for you

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20