View Single Post
Old 30th July 2011
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road
Default Default settings vs. own settings

At this moment I am quite unhappy about one thing regarding BS.Player.
I prefer to use some personal settings. Among them, internal renderer overlay, download subtitles in movie folder, seek keyframes disabled.

- At least for me, internal renderer is better than any other setting
- Some video file I play came from internet allready having a "subs" folder. As the files are shared, downloading programs check the integrity of that folder. Added files are automatically deleted. So...no use, if you stop the movie and play again later, you need to download the subs again. More then that, I like sometimes to write those files to a disk, just the movie file and the sub. No need to search for the subtitle, is just besides the movie file.
- If the movie have keyframes at 10 seconds, "jump" function it's useless, as jumping is made from keyframe to keyframe not the number of seconds you defined. More than that, at one file it jumps 10 secs, other one 3 secs, depending of the encoder settings.

When upgrading, those 3 options are overwritten with those considered probably "better options". It doesn't matter if they are better or not, but the fact that as far as I have personal settings, BS.Player shouldn't overwrite them when upgrading. Could you please reconsider this.
Thank you.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20