View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2012
BS.Player Newbie

bsfang is an unknown quantity at this point
Question black video in win7 64 with overlay mixer

hi all,

i am using the bsplayer 2.62 b1068 in a win7 64bit system. i like the desktop mode of bsplayer(one of the reasons that i choose bs as the default player), so i set the overlay mixer mode and disable the aero in win7. i let the bsplayer auto install some codec by itself. ffdshow 1.07.3135, haali media splitter and real media splitter, and let the ffdshow handles almost everything that it said could be decoded. i am using a intel i5 cpu and update the latest HD2500 driver. well, that's about my settings.

i tried some mp4 and H264 files. bsplayer plays them very well and the desktop mode is also working. but with DX50, xvid or some other files, bsplayer just show a all black video window on screen. the ffdshow icon did show up in the system tray, so it did recognize the codec. but it just play nothing but a black window.

however, if i change to VRM or EVR mode, those files plays well again. but the desktop mode is gone, of course.

i really don't know what is the problem here. can someone help me or just tell what is the possible reason that bsplayer can't use ffdshow to play some files in overlay mixer mode. so at least i'll have some direction to debug.

i really miss the desktop mode in XP....

ps. english is not my native language, so please bear with me. thank you very much.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20