View Single Post
Old 4th October 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Ray White is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing Codec Merit Rating makes BS Player do strange stuff

Hi there, I posted earlier under the 'crashes on loading video topic' since then I've narrowed things down a little. I use the 'registered filter manager' in zoom player to change the relative merit ratings on different codecs - always trying to find the best ones. That's the only thing I use zoom player for now. I've discovered that this is what is doing strange stuff to bs player. It doesn't seem to hurt the other player programs. BS player still tries to choose the correct coded based on it's rating. However it can act buggy. Sometimes the video will be garbled with blue or green lines, or the player will refuse to close, or crash upon opening. It doesnt seem to like it if any video codec is set at 900000 or above, this causes the blue line effect. FFDshow only works at certain ratings. Like at 800009 i get blue lines, at 800010 it works fine. also works at 800000. etc.
The system info is the same as in the other thread. With the cyberlink codec it frequently refuses to close and I have to do a cntrl-alt-delete 'terminate process' to get it to close.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20