View Single Post
Old 7th November 2003
BS.player Regular User

Chuko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chuko's got a new problem (sorta)

A problem once more. The system shutdown I thought only happened in DivX and Media player has spread to BS player. I was watching a movie in full screan, when the picture stopped, but the sound continued to go. This had happened once or twice before I fixed my system earlier, so I just waited for the screan to move again. This is when things started to go wrong. The sound stopped, and started back up again. This is a sign, as I had found out of device failure. I let it go, and this repeated itself about five times. Then, a Blue Screen came up waying that to prevent the damage of Data, the computer would automaticly shut down. There was more on this screen, but it dissipered before I had a chance to read it all.

The computer restarted, and everything went back to normal. As I logged in, this box, along with a report this issue to Microsoft link, came up. It has occured before, as I said, but never in BS Player,

Quote:
Computer restarted after unexpected Shutdown. Microsoft Windows detected a possible device failure. The driverr for the display drive was unable to complete a drawing operation. Please contact the device manufacturor for a driver update. The display driver NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 seems to be responsible for the system failure
I have already clicked on the link to Microsoft Crash Analysis, and always it tells me that it is the fault of the Display Driver. I need guidence on what to do to fix this problem, other than purchacing a new display driver

Thanks for the ongoing help,

Chuko

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20