View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

kikogol is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help.

Some of your advises are a little bit beyond my knowledge but I will try to follow them. In the meantime a couple questions and a capture of GSpot:

Which is the latest ffdshow? How about the latest Xvid codec? can you post the links here?
Do I have to uninstall the others: ffdShow & Xvid, before installing the new one?

What I do not quite understand about BSPlayer is how to choose among all the different codecs every time I have to play a video? Should it not be automatic? Not to mention all the different options about overlay, format YV12, dedynamic filters and so on... unfortunately WAY beyond my actual knowledge, but close to my curiosity.

Obviously, I have no idea how to:

Quote:
u use ffdShow but u've checked that ffdShow for decoding xvid video uses xvid dll - switch that to default libavcodec.
In this particular file, I choose the file, the player gets ready and when I press play it hangs up.

A more general question, which should help everyone who reads this:

What are all the codecs (audio and video) that I should have installed in my PC if I want to play every possible video? (latest versions?)

Thanks again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G-Spot-Pocahontas.jpg (67.0 KB, 1174 views)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20