View Single Post
Old 25th November 2003
BS.player Regular User

Sintel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1.0 Build 803 bug thread :-)

Starting another one of these coz I still encountered loads of bugs. See other thread for things still open last here

NOTE: I'm testing with ogm files mostly.

GENERAL:
* OSD drawing on overlay only works correcty on vmr9, on overlay 1/rgb OSD centers & has (just a little) washed out colors. On overlay 2 no drawing to overlay.
* changing volume with the bar doesn't show osd message, only when using +/-
* Frame Captures only work correctly in vmr9, doesn't work at all in overlay 2, and in the other modes the image that is captured is not the same one as you see, especially the color. I was only able to capture correctly by disabling overlay alltogether and just pressing print-screen.
* VMR9 has less vibrant colors than the other overlay modes.
* Image/captures illustrating the above mentioned points (red writing is what I added)
* Switching overlays almost always fatal error, have to restart player to take effect. Closing video file is only way not to crash. Sadly, it only asks for closing the video file if selecting RGB overlay.
* Still very annoying info box in preferences, see other thread.
* The double click switching from full screen to window decreases volume by four percent bug u prolly seen already. This is fixed by deleting the association Volume Down = Left Mouse + Wheel Down, in key definitions.

SUBTITLES
* general bugs:
-error drawing full screen skin after selecting custom place for subtitles, with fatal error occuring at right click or switching to window mode. This only when not drawing to overlay.
-Transparant erratic behaviour same as in 0.86, only transparant at random times
-Subtitles do not work AT ALL in vmr9
-OGM subtitles do not work in any overlay mode here (fatal crashes), with some very erratic behaviour especially in overlay 1 (can post screenshots if wished).
* bugs with subtitles in overlay 2:
-no ogm subtitles (but no crash)
-draw subtitles on overlay doesn't work

PLAYLIST
* a playlist ONLY in text format AND with relative paths doesn't get loaded correctly if a video file in another location is already playing. It loads the playlist in the playlist editor, but the files are not found by bsplayer, and it keeps playing the file that was already open.
* Playlist new features don't get saved in text modes and modes with absolute paths, only in internal mode/relative path.
* Some of the new features don't get applied on back button, uses same settings as previous video
* Fullscreen option only works for setting fullscreen, if the next video doesn't have fullscreen set, it will still display fullscreen instead of windowed.
--> this may be needed for older text playlists, but should be an option in general options.

There's a bunch more that needs testing (skin support, bsi's, ...), but don't have any more time now.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20