View Single Post
Old 10th August 2002
BS.Player Newbie

Thorz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with settings please. Jerky movie!

I have been using BSPlay for more than 4 months and never had a problem, but I have dl a movie (Independence Day) and I cannot play it correctly, it looks jerky, like if my machine was not enough for playing it.
The strange is that I have a good machine, an Athlon 1800+ with 512 RAM.
I have only installed the DiVX 3.11a codec. I have also installed in the system WinDVD 4+.
It can be the movie, that's true, but I think there has to be some optimal settings that I can have for be sure that I am getting the must of my PC in BSPlayer with the mayority of the movies. I have been searching the forum and I have found vague descriptions of optimal settings, and as there is not a help file then I am little lost. I have been reading about overlay and other things but I am quite ignorant yet on these topics.
I have a Geforce 3Ti 200 card.
I really apreciate a little help from the users in the forum.
I am using the defaults on BSplayer and have to point that other movies play very well.
These are my questions:

- Some general advice for optimal quality settings with my configuration.

- Is it still true that the DiVX 3.11a codec is better than the 5.x one in quality, or are they on par now? I still play and encode my movies with the 3.11a, but maybe the 5.x has catched up already in quality.

Thanks a lot.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20