Thread: Some Bugs
View Single Post
Old 25th November 2003
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

BUGS IN BUILT 803
Hi! BSPlayer v1.00.803 is out, and I'm back with "Some bugs" I've found.

MISSING TRANSLATIONS:

[strings]: 49, 50

[WID22]: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

About window: title, "Check for new version"

Key definitions & WinLIRC: "This combination is already assigned to:"

COSMETICS:

[WID13]: Item 4 should be left-aligned

In the properties window, video section, DivX4+ settings, a rectangle around 'Film Effect' is visible.

BUGS:

I don't know if this is a bug, but if you press STOP and then PAUSE twice, the movie restarts. Is it a bug or a feature?

In "Key definitions & WinLIRC" window, keys assigned in 2nd field are not 'really' assigned, ad closing and then reopening the preferences' window, they return to their ??? value. Plus, if 2nd field's keys are already assigned to another 1st field's key, string "This combination is already assigned to:" doesn't appear.

Volume button problem still remain for all the skins I tried (both horizontal one and vertical one) [see previous topics for this bug]

Selecting VMR-9 in Video preferences, closing the window and then reopening it ad deselecting VMR-9 (and maybe closing the window again) gives an error in d3d9.dll (the second time I've tried to reproduce this bug the error was in kernel32.dll). Reinstalling Directx9 doesn't help. [OS WinME - Nvidia GeForce 2MX]

Double clicking on the video window to switch between Full screen/Normal mode the OSD string "Pause" appears sometimes, but now there's a very annoying bug too: if you continue double clicking to switch between modes, the volume falls down until it reaces 0% level.
Sometimes even if pausing the video, the Pause OSD string doesn't appear.

Chapters viewer doesn't work, even if you choose to go to Next/Previous chapter.

Repeatedly pressing (or pressing for awhile) CTRL+V an error message appears.

If you change skin while in full screen mode, Aspect Ratio (or Pan-Scan setting) changes.

All the mentioned subtitles' bugs (except for the OGG one) are still there, also the "after 2/3 minutes crush".

There are other two bugs:
Resizing bug Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:54 pm in this thread
Bug in skins' loading Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:54 pm in this thread

Skin's problem in "27Glow v1.4 PH" and "27Showtime v1.2 PH" skins' loading (I've not yet edited the mentioned skins to view if there is a possible solution):
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

BSPlayer v1.00.803, Unhandled exception at EIP: 018226E1
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
Access violation at address 018226E1 in module 'OLDSKIN.DLL'. Read of address 01B4FFFC
EAccessViolation
, 0x004E746F, 0x004E766D, 0x00453527, 0x0044A872, 0xBFB742FA, 0xBFB742DE, 0xBFB741FF, 0xBFB742BD, 0xBFBA65E6, 0xBFB741FF, 0xBFB7411F, 0xBFF63613, 0xBFF848F7, 0x007C88D4

Bytes at EIP: F3 A5 89 C1 83 E1 03 83 C6 03 83 C7 03 F3 A4 FC 5F 5E
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

IMPROVEMENTS:

All the others bugs mentioned in this thread (and several in others) are fixed.

Even "oldskin.dll" now work with all (but the above bug) the skins I tried (I've not yet checked it, but I think it will be definitively impossible to use skins modified from BSP v1 with previous versions)

Maybe also anti-alias subtitle's function works better.

Improvements smoothness movies' reproduction without overlay mode 1 selected (even if the overlay metod works faster and better).

Documentation on ini files.

THANK YOU GUYS, THERE ARE MANY BUG FIXED IN THIS RELEASE, YOU HAVE DONE A REALLY GOOD JOB...
I THINK EVEN MORE PERSONS NOW WILL CHOOSE BSP AND HOPE THEY WILL APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH TO ALL THE REQUESTS!

THANK YOU AGAIN!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20