View Single Post
Old 12th August 2002
BS.Player Newbie

edv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Things I definitely wouldn't mind as additions.

1. Opening files from network shares (\\machine\share\file.avi) without mapping a drive (right now BSPlayer crashes when attempting this).
2. The ability to press a key (or select a menu option), type a word (or phrase), and have BSPlayer search the current subtitle text for that phrase, then jump to that spot in the video (this would be a feature I have never seen anywhere else, in any player).
3. Commands (and keyboard shortcuts) for "move back X seconds" and "move forward X seconds," where X is configurable.
4. The ability to force any seek command (a click on the GUI bar, the "jump to time" command, or the keys from suggestion #3) to jump to the nearest keyframe.
5. I would love to be able to hold down a key (or a mouse button) and have an on-screen bar that is the full width of the display (similar to the "Custom pan-and-scan" slider, but with more precise increments) for selecting a particular part of the video. Using "H" to bring up the controls and clicking on the slider is decent, but I would prefer to have a longer bar (the length of the screen) for more precise selection.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20