View Single Post
Old 7th December 2003
BS.player Regular User

MickyFinn is an unknown quantity at this point

What I was trying to do was show that a "RANDOM" shift/p (done on the fly without any consideration as to what was being captured) doesn't ensure quality, as it was "originally" a jpg from bscap. It was taken through PhotoShop because there are limitations on the site tender for attachments. That jpg capture, to show that AVI has a "cycle" that is not NTSC, and possibly establishing that anyone using capture mode may have to use "pause then play" to find a "CLEAR" scan to capture. Or, that's what I think can solve the problem, unless a future build has the ability to use the 4channel pipe of the later CPU's to anticipate a "CLEAR VIEW" for other than mpeg, since my little exposure has shown that this format (even at 352x240) can create a much clearer viewing component.
Would someone comment on the realitive merits of mpeg versus avi, against this comment stream?
MickyFinn

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20