Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

zex is on a distinguished road
Default Low volume on .mkv files 2.51 version

HI
I have very low audio volume on .mkv files. If i increase it via equilizer it gets distorted. Installed K lite mega codec pack latest edition, vista and bs 2.51.
Other players have no problem with volume. Tried fiddling with audio settings, nothing helps.
Old 14th January 2010
BS.player Regular User

baracuda is on a distinguished road

Try
You have to start a movie, then right-click -> Options -> Filters -> Advanced -> FFDSHow audio chance option normalize

Old 14th January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

thanx for the reply.
but it seems the mkv files uses ffd video decoder but for audio it uses Haali. so the options are totally different. how to make bs use ffd for audio in mkv files as well?
Old 14th January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

also, in media player classic and vlc the volume is normal, and they also seem to use haali media for audio, so the problem is definetly with bsplayer, just dont know how to fix it
Old 15th January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

bspuser is on a distinguished road

My suggestion might not solve the problem itself but maybe the outcome.

I always keep haali from catching any audio or video files (at least in the bsplayer).
I guess almost all of the formats/codecs are handled (when possible) by ffdshow on my computer. So whenever any program put another filter on my disc and even activates it I allergically react, i.e. either I uninstalli the filter or at least deactivate it. So far ffdshow is all the filter I need (exept from codecs that I use for encoding).

I know, the new versions of bsplayer are downloading several codecs when beeing installed. But as I manage my codecs myself, I would (if I would use the newer versions) prevent bsplayer setup from downloading and installing them.

Sorry, if my suggestion doesn't help at all!

Tags
files, low, mkv, volume