Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   BS.Player Skins and Skinning (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bs-player-skins-skinning/)
-   -   Reactions/Comments to BSP Skinmaker (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bs-player-skins-skinning/6426-reactions-comments-bsp-skinmaker.html)

Gaueko 4th October 2004 12:35 PM

Reactions/Comments to BSP Skinmaker

Concerns BSP Skinmaker (click here)
Let´s try it :twisted:

mihhkel 27th October 2004 02:46 AM

Damn dialup...

Hmm, I can't download it. :? (Neither with Firefox nor IE - it's probably my connection's fault).
Do you have a home page with a direct link to the zip? Or could you maybe just mail it to me?
Thanks

Ark8 2nd November 2004 12:05 PM

It is a great tool, thank you. I could easily adjust some existing skins so they now suit my needs much better. :) I think that this utility definitely deserves a place on BSplayer download page or in skins section (I think it is not there, I did not see it), it is rather hidden here in the forum. Maybe the thread with download link for SkinMaker could be also pinned as important at the top of topics.

Tizio 3rd November 2004 02:18 PM

Thank you very much Ark8!!
I don't yet asked BST to add this program to the installation file, however he and Mat2000 read the forum posts and maybe they'll add this tool to the installation program.

Thanks again!! :D

Bye :wink:

LSDSkunk 9th November 2004 11:00 PM

Hi. If you need hosting for small files, just sign up @ http://upl.silentwhisper.net/
I use it all the time for images and small compressed files. You get 4 mb per account.

Tizio 27th January 2005 09:19 PM

Hi there!
No one seems to have noticed this, but in my program there is a "problem" (well... a bug) with the custom Font file name for the main window. Since the "Font name" and the "Font file name" colud be different, and my program saves only the "Font name", BSplayer could not recognise the custom main font...
I don't think to fix this bug at the moment.

BSPLAYER v1.10.814 SKIN BUG:
Incompatibility bug: "MaxSubsWidth" has been replaced with "SubsMaxWidth" in the Skin's settings file section [Display], so there is an incompatibility issue with "old" (NOT pre version 1.00) skins.
I hope that BST will fix this in the next build.
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=18705#18705

Tizio 27th February 2005 03:09 PM

TIP: If you want your "Mute" button to be linked to Volume actions, you must place Mute button at the bottom of the Buttons List.

gadz 2nd March 2005 12:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
found a bug, Exit Full Screen gives a "0" instead of a "10"
very nice app by the way, used it to make "gemini v2.0" :wink:

Tizio 2nd March 2005 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadz
found a bug, Exit Full Screen gives a "0" instead of a "10"

It's not a bug, only a different action. "ACTION 10" stand for "Full screen switch" (maybe the one you wanted), "ACTION 0" is "Exit full screen".
Directly from BSplayer's SDK:
Code:

#define BSP_ExitFScreen 0
#define BSP_VolUp 1
#define BSP_VolDown 2
#define BSP_DeDynUp 3
#define BSP_DeDynPreUp 4
#define BSP_DeDynDown 5
#define BSP_DeDynPreDown 6
#define BSP_Preferences 7
#define BSP_FrmCapture 8
#define BSP_Frm2 9
#define BSP_FS_Switch 10

BTW very nice skin, maybe it should has multilingual text for the button's comments instead english... :wink:

gadz 2nd March 2005 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizio
It's not a bug, only a different action. "ACTION 10" stand for "Full screen switch" (maybe the one you wanted), "ACTION 0" is "Exit full screen".
Directly from BSplayer's SDK:
Code:

#define BSP_ExitFScreen 0
#define BSP_VolUp 1
#define BSP_VolDown 2
#define BSP_DeDynUp 3
#define BSP_DeDynPreUp 4
#define BSP_DeDynDown 5
#define BSP_DeDynPreDown 6
#define BSP_Preferences 7
#define BSP_FrmCapture 8
#define BSP_Frm2 9
#define BSP_FS_Switch 10

BTW very nice skin, maybe it should has multilingual text for the button's comments instead english... :wink:

Well then BSPlayer's SDK must be wrong or have an mistake or something because 0 doesn't work to Exit Full Screen. 10 Does both. Try modifying my skin and you'll see what I mean. :)

Tizio 3rd March 2005 10:24 AM

Yes, I know "Exit full screen" action doesn't work, but it's a BSplayer's fault. Maybe it should be notified in the Bugs forum of BSP.
Quote:

Originally Posted by gadz
10 Does both

Yes, it does both, but just because if you are in Fullscreen mode and then switch (action 10) the player goes in Normal mode.. (as the name says perform that action inverts the visualization mode) :)
BTW thanks for the notification! I'll insert it in the bug reports section :wink:

Tizio 20th May 2005 12:39 PM

Since the forum has an upload bug, I uploaded 1.02 version of my Skin Editor to http://upl.silentwhisper.net/.

Thanks to LSDSkunk for suggesting the site.

For download refer to my post "BSP Skinmaker" (click on link hereunder).

IceBone 20th July 2005 01:31 PM

The only problem i have with it is that it doesn't support alpha transparent pngs. Would make for a lot prettier skins, with smooth borders, transparency and shadows (to just name a few advantages).

Tizio 20th July 2005 02:39 PM

Yes, I read your previous post, the problem is that before BSP SkinMaker can support png images (with alpha transparency information), BSplayer should!

At the moment I think I will have problems to inplement this feature in my skin editor (since I don't have any clue of PNGs handling), but if BSplayer will support PNG, I'll try to add it to BSP SkinMaker too :wink:

Thank you for your suggestion :)

IceBone 20th July 2005 08:40 PM

Well, it would mean the difference between:

http://www.plankdoo.com/pics/gearheadscreenshot.png

and

http://www.plankdoo.com/pics/gearheadpng.png

for instance (against a white background of course - the shadow would work no matter what the background).

Tizio 20th July 2005 08:59 PM

Yes, I know :)
But since I'm not one of the BSplayer's development team, I can't add PNG support to BSplayer...
I'm the creator of the skin editor only, and I have no contacts with BSplayer's author.
All you/we can do is to wait for BST or Mat2000 to tell us what are their plans on this field.

Bye :wink:

IceBone 20th July 2005 09:16 PM

Well they said they were working on it more than a year ago... :(

Tizio 20th July 2005 09:25 PM

You're right, but I think they have other priorities at the moment, like bug fixing, or better media support/compatibility :wink:
They have inproved BSplayer skins in the meanwhile(even if they were few improvements), and I think it means they are considering in a possibility to improve it more!
Here is another improvement they are working on.

Stay tuned and wait for next versions, and if PNG support is not there even when new versions comes out, post again to make notice that it's a great improvement that BSplayer's Skins need (but don't be too much insistent or they will not consider you :wink: ).

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceBone
Well they said they were working on it more than a year ago... :(

believe me, it's not so simple to implement if you don't want to add plugins in your pakage. :P

Bye :)

Siddhesh Nagvenkar 1st September 2005 09:38 PM

Some tiny little requests

First of all ... thanks for the skin maker,Tizio.

1. Is it possible for the button layers to be transparent or translucent ?

eg: supposing I want to move a button "playN" on the skin background,
Main.bmp. It would be of help if that button could be made transparent
or translucent temporarily, so that whats beneath it could be seen
while placing the button.

2. Auto place the hover and press button.

eg: supposing the button "playN" is placed at coordinate x120 and y200,
then it SHOULD be so that the subsequent buttons of the same variety
like "playD and playU" can be placed at the above coordinates of
buttton "playN" automatically.

Tizio 1st September 2005 11:20 PM

@ Siddhesh Nagvenkar
First of all ... thanks for the compliments and the suggestions :wink:

1. For your first request, I think I can make it... The thing I would make is to move the button image while you are moving it, so you can see where the button is placed exactly, whereas making it transparent could confuse since you don't have a reference point for relative movements.

2. I think I didn't understand your second request :?
When you place a button (you always place the NORMAL one only), it is as you place the three of that kind (eg: playN - playD - play U), but you can only see the normal one, and BSplayer will show you the other two (at the same position of the normal one) when you respectively move the mouse over it, or press the mouse on it :roll:

Thank you again and congratulations for the many skins you made in few days :)

Tizio 8th November 2005 09:08 PM

@ Siddhesh Nagvenkar
Finally I think I've found a solution that I like to your first request :D
In the new version of BSP SkinMaker (v1.07) I've added a realtime option for the Drag&Drop function when moving buttons.
I think this feature will fulfill your needs! ;)
Visible Drag&Drop will be enabled when you'll press the keyboard CTRL button while dragging buttons, bars, texts!
This way you can see in realtime where the button will be placed on your skin!

Note: the v1.07 is not yet been released. Before I release it I want to change (redraw) the program icon, and I want to see if a new version of BSplayer will be released with improvements in the skin engine... and "maybe" that someone will send me a translation of my program in another language :?:

Bye TIZIO

heather 26th February 2006 12:54 AM

XP

I have just opened my first forum 2 days ago, and want to put skin on it
I have XP,can i just down load your programme

Tizio 26th February 2006 01:15 AM

Re: XP

Quote:

Originally Posted by heather
I have just opened my first forum 2 days ago, and want to put skin on it
I have XP,can i just down load your programme

To do what? To make your own BSplayer skins? Yes, you can!! :wink:

Tizio 16th October 2006 01:06 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT:
BSP SkinMaker homepage as been moved here

Highlaj 4th January 2007 07:13 PM

Tizio

gr8 improvment with the visual drag&drop, missed that.

I will send in a language file, maybe takes 5min to translate it all.

Tizio 4th January 2007 08:56 PM

Re: Tizio

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highlaj
gr8 improvment with the visual drag&drop, missed that.

I will send in a language file, maybe takes 5min to translate it all.

Thank you, once I'll be able to code again I'll write the new version (I promised it :wink: )

Highlaj 4th January 2007 09:39 PM

okok

I'll also missed support for png (Animate buttons in BSp would be nice).
And support to have it minimed always in right corner (But maybe thats not your job).

And better design on the file types icons/launch icon (Thats not you work iehter i guess) :)

Anyway gj, i've translated the .lng 99% (Swedish, wich i'm sure can be used by danish and norwegians too) and will send it in later, but how do i choose it? :S
Select your language > Choose one of the fallowing cant be pushed.
What have i missed?

Tizio 5th January 2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

okok

I'll also missed support for png (Animate buttons in BSp would be nice).
And support to have it minimed always in right corner (But maybe thats not your job).

And better design on the file types icons/launch icon (Thats not you work iehter i guess) :)

Anyway gj, i've translated the .lng 99% (Swedish, wich i'm sure can be used by danish and norwegians too) and will send it in later, but how do i choose it? :S
Select your language > Choose one of the fallowing cant be pushed.
What have i missed?

Support for PNG is not fully implemented in BS.Player (at least not the last time I tried to use PNG with it) so until it's fully supported I will not start to code it :wink:

I can consider to add the systray icon, they are just few lines of code, even if I don't think it's a necessity for my application.

For the icons do you refer to BSplayer or the skinmaker?
I'm the author of the SkinMaker only, I'm not one of BS.Player team members..

For the translation THANK YOU!! I'll wait for it so I'll be able to include it into next release.
To select your language you need to copy your translated file into "Lang" folder. Ten I think you need to restart the SkinMaker (I don't remember, I should try), and once it starts you'll be able to choose it throught "Select your language" menu item :wink:

Highlaj 5th January 2007 06:40 PM

Ok im sorry, thought something else.
Systray for skinmaker would't be to useful, but why not add it? :)
While playing with BS player it sure would be useful.

And YOUR icon doesnt even have to be good looking,
it doesn't appear on every file in your media folder.

Sended my translation, cheers.

Tizio 5th January 2007 06:49 PM

Quote:

Ok im sorry, thought something else.
Systray for skinmaker would't be to useful, but why not add it? :)
While playing with BS player it sure would be useful.

And YOUR icon doesnt even have to be good looking,
it doesn't appear on every file in your media folder.

Sended my translation, cheers.

Translation received, thanks :wink:

If you want you can draw the program icon for me :roll: :D

I made some attempts to draw a classic BSplayer icon (the default one) with a brush that paints it from blue to red.. but I don't know if it will look good once finished.. :?

Highlaj 5th January 2007 08:31 PM

Ur welcome, hehe you dont have to draw a new icon :O
Btw can't you use BS Players icons? Sure they don't mind.

When is next version out? ? Year?

gl

Tizio 6th January 2007 01:13 AM

Quote:

Ur welcome, hehe you dont have to draw a new icon :O
Btw can't you use BS Players icons? Sure they don't mind.

Well, I'm actually using a BSP icon for the Skin window icon, but not for the program itselt.
I would like to use something different but that will make it think to a skin program or similar... and my solution I posted above was my best attempt :P

Quote:

When is next version out? ? Year?

gl

I hope no :lol:
The funny thing is that the program is almost finished since January 2006, but the new icon, the fact that I waited for BSPlayer 2 to be released, the exams at the university, lazyness (does this word exist?) etc. made me wait until now for the next release. Anyway I think to start coding the final things in a couple of weeks, three at the maximum.

And in a furter release I'll add also a little support for Equalizer skins... when? 2010?? :lol: , just kidding, I hope soon... :wink:

Highlaj 7th January 2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

I hope no :lol:
The funny thing is that the program is almost finished since January 2006, but the new icon, the fact that I waited for BSPlayer 2 to be released, the exams at the university, lazyness (does this word exist?) etc. made me wait until now for the next release. Anyway I think to start coding the final things in a couple of weeks, three at the maximum.

And in a furter release I'll add also a little support for Equalizer skins... when? 2010?? :lol: , just kidding, I hope soon... :wink:
Hehe :)
However youre doing a good job, good luck with the release and your improvments.

Tizio 8th January 2007 11:50 AM

Thank you :)
I hope to release it soon.

See ya :wink:

Xeo 26th January 2007 09:03 PM

Hi, I sended my translation in Polish lang.
Make some tabs in new version coz that windows (toolbars) doesnt fit in my screen (1024/768). Do u know what I mean? ;)

Tizio 27th January 2007 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeo
Hi, I sended my translation in Polish lang.
Make some tabs in new version coz that windows (toolbars) doesnt fit in my screen (1024/768). Do u know what I mean? ;)

Translation received, thanks :D

I think I'll leave the toolbars unchanged (I have no time to mess too much with coding), sorry... Anyway you can move them wherever you want, If you prefer I can add a feature to remember their positions, but the best resolution to use with it is still 1280x1024...

I think also to add an Equalizer skin feature, but probably it will be a separate task, such as Fullscreen skinning..
I hope to end soon, it's hard to find the time to begin coding again, it has passed too much since the last time I modified something of this project, and I have to check all the routines before start (I have to optimize many tasks, but it's a huge work :P)

Thank you again for the translation, it will be added to next release :wink:

Xeo 27th January 2007 09:05 PM

So maybe u could give this whole code to someone who's got more time?

Tizio 28th January 2007 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeo
So maybe u could give this whole code to someone who's got more time?

I usually keep my source codes for me only, sorry, I'm a bit jealous of my programs ;)

Xeo 28th January 2007 01:09 PM

Even if there is an opportunity to improve the program? In About there could be for example two autors, like Tizio&some1else ;)

Tizio 28th January 2007 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeo
Even if there is an opportunity to improve the program? In About there could be for example two autors, like Tizio&some1else ;)

I don't know, maybe when I'll abadon it... but I don't think I'll do it.. :P