Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th October 2013
BS.Player Newbie

BJ1200 is on a distinguished road
Default AC3/DTS Update - We Stopped Updating

Hi All,

We are paid users of what's now called BS Player Media. There are new features and fixes we want from the last few updates but afraid to update our family Galaxy S3 Android phones. We would lose the audio (AC3? or DTS? can't remember) in the .MKV movie files on our phones.

Any idea on the fix? I understand that no "software only" company can purchase an AC3 license.

"Option to use Custom Codec" is listed in the last update. I could not find any step by step instructions or downloads for this....we are not that technically savvy. Is this the fix for AC3 audio?
Old 28th October 2013
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Support for custom codec is simply an option in BSPlayer for the end user to use his licensed codec of whatever type.

http://www.bsplayer.com/android/source.html
Old 7th January 2014
BS.Player Newbie

BJ1200 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the response. However, today Verizon forced a Jelly Bean 4.3 update and now no videos work in HW mode. The only solution is to update from our current v1.9 150 which has been working just fine.....to the latest BSPlayer version and loose the AC3 audio in all our movies.

I appreciate the link but it doesn't appear to be a solution for an Android phone. Additionally, you must be a coder to understand that gobbllygook.
system is designed to work with NDK standalone toolchain (read NDK documentation docs/STANDALONE-TOOLCHAIN.html).
Unpack FFmpeg source bellow, edit 'build-ffmpeg.sh' script and set NDK toolcahin
Old 28th November 2014
BS.Player Newbie

flhthemi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ1200 View Post
Thanks for the response. However, today Verizon forced a Jelly Bean 4.3 update and now no videos work in HW mode. The only solution is to update from our current v1.9 150 which has been working just fine.....to the latest BSPlayer version and loose the AC3 audio in all our movies.

I appreciate the link but it doesn't appear to be a solution for an Android phone. Additionally, you must be a coder to understand that gobbllygook.
system is designed to work with NDK standalone toolchain (read NDK documentation docs/STANDALONE-TOOLCHAIN.html).
Unpack FFmpeg source bellow, edit 'build-ffmpeg.sh' script and set NDK toolcahin
I know this is an old thread but for those who don't understand all the "gobbllygook", just download the all in one Windows zip file using the link Ico-Man supplied. Unzip the file to your C:\ drive (root of C). When it's unzipped open the folder "ffmpeg-build-windows" in a command prompt mode by holding the shift key and right clicking the folder and selecting "Open Command Window Here". Inside there are several .bat (batch) files. Type "dir" and hit enter to see the list. Type the name of the .bat file that corresponds to the GPU type you need a custom codec for. A Window will open and a whole lot of activity will take place in it. It may take some time to finish depending on your PCs CPU power. When it's done you'll see the word ** DONE ** as one of the last lines in that busy little window. Close it and open the folder inside ffmpeg-build-windows labeled "lib". This is your custom codec .so file for BS Player. Copy it to the internal sdcard root and then open BS Player and tell it to use the custom codec.

Pretty simple but takes time..... :)

Last edited by flhthemi; 5th September 2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 16th May 2016
BS.Player Newbie

foxidrive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by flhthemi View Post
just download the all in one Windows zip file using the link Ico-Man supplied. Unzip the file to your C: drive.

Double click the one that corresponds to the GPU type you need a custom codec for.
Thank you for the info, as I was searching for this.

I have a script fail here in Windows 8.1 32bit after extracting the allinone_ffmpeg-windows.zip and it is looking for gcc

Has anyone had success with the allinone_ffmpeg-windows.zip package?

Code:
Since you've disabled or enabled at least one algorithm, you need to do
the following before building:

make depend

Configured for android-armv7.
making depend in crypto...
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Files/ffmpeg-build-windows/build/src/openssl-1.0.1j/crypto'
../util/domd: line 25: gcc: command not found
make[1]: *** [depend] Error 1
Old 26th June 2016
BS.Player Newbie

chovan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxidrive View Post
Thank you for the info, as I was searching for this.

I have a script fail here in Windows 8.1 32bit after extracting the allinone_ffmpeg-windows.zip and it is looking for gcc

Has anyone had success with the allinone_ffmpeg-windows.zip package?

Code:
Since you've disabled or enabled at least one algorithm, you need to do
the following before building:

make depend

Configured for android-armv7.
making depend in crypto...
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Files/ffmpeg-build-windows/build/src/openssl-1.0.1j/crypto'
../util/domd: line 25: gcc: command not found
make[1]: *** [depend] Error 1
Yes, I successfully compiled the source for my ARMv7 CPU. I can find the libffmpeg7_v19.so in the lib folder.

My system is Windows 10.

However, my Allwinner H3 CPU still can't hardware decode HEVC videos in Android...

Last edited by chovan; 26th June 2016 at 02:13 AM.
Old 6th July 2016
BS.Player Newbie

Fresh is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I am not sure if I am in right thread but I am using BS Player on my android box to stream from LAN. Everything works fine except of mkv files with AC3 audio. Video works fine but there is no audio. I have tried all options of HW and SW decoding and no luck.

Wierd thing is I have installed BS Player on my Lenovo tablet so it is easier to do more testing and there is no issue at all on tablet same mkv files play with audio no problem. I have used same settings to check if there is an issue somwhere there but still android box throws some error mentioning AC3 that is shown on screen s fast I cannot fully read it and no audio.

Is there anything I can do? will this created custom codec help?
and how do I find out what GPU I have on my android box? --> "Double click the one that corresponds to the GPU type you need a custom codec for"

any help much appreciated.

PS. Sorry but I am noob and need simple anwsers or a bit of explanation on what I should do exactly. Thanks.
Old 6th July 2016
BS.Player Newbie

Cereal is on a distinguished road
Angry

Hi all!

Since the new update I can't play anymore 99 percent my movies bacause bs not support AC3 anymore. To be honest I buy bsplayer to play movies and now that's not possible. I need a step by step description to solve this problem to Arm v8. I try to bulid with Windows-all in-One but always got this message:
make: *** [build_crypto] Error 1
Error builidng OpenSSL

Last edited by Cereal; 6th July 2016 at 07:07 AM.
Old 7th July 2016
Administrator
BS.Player Newbie

bst2 has disabled reputation

You need to run "build_armv7_neon". Armv8 is not used yet.
Old 7th July 2016
BS.Player Newbie

Fresh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bst2 View Post
You need to run "build_armv7_neon". Armv8 is not used yet.
thanks bro, I will check if that will solve my issue and update here

[EDIT] I have run this -> build_armv7_neon.bat and it runs for quite some time . (It has to be run from command line do not double click bat file)

I got this libffmpeg7_v19.so created in lib folder. Added as custome codec to BSplayer and now everything has sound. AC3 is low volume in compare to others but that is fine.

Thanks guys. I think it would be better to just provide link to so file instead of anyone compiling it but well, I might do that if I can find hosting site that won't remove file after short period.

Last edited by Fresh; 7th July 2016 at 06:22 PM.
Old 23rd August 2016
BS.player Regular User

Mokona512 is on a distinguished road

Has anyone gotten the all in one zip to work?

It just gives an error of the system cannot find the path specified even though I installed the required SDK, and NDK.

They made it extremely hard to get AC3 working.
Old 6th September 2016
BS.Player Newbie

Hemu2051990 is on a distinguished road

success just need to rename 'libffmpeg7v_v19.so' to 'libffmpeg7_v19.so'
Old 7th September 2016
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemu2051990 View Post
success just need to rename 'libffmpeg7v_v19.so' to 'libffmpeg7_v19.so'
So you were able to successfully generate the file?

For some reason, I am unable to do it. The batch files just give an error, and I can't fine any site hosting the file.
Old 8th September 2016
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokona512 View Post
So you were able to successfully generate the file?

For some reason, I am unable to do it. The batch files just give an error, and I can't fine any site hosting the file.
what is ur phone cpu. i can upload the code to "mediafire"
Old 9th September 2016
BS.Player Newbie

Ferfiu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
what is ur phone cpu. i can upload the code to "mediafire"
Hi! Would you be so kind and upload the "build_armv7_neon" one (too)? I have armv8, but I read that I should use the one above.
Thank you very much!
Old 10th September 2016
BS.Player Newbie

Default T hope they will work

Arm7
HTML Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3222vy3cc2xokcl/libffmpeg7_v19.so
Arm7 neon
HTML Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e8va6gjbtgxac7c/libffmpeg7_v19.so
Old 19th September 2016
BS.player Regular User

Thanks for sharing the compiled file, it will help greatly for those who are having trouble getting the batch file to work.
Old 22nd October 2016
BS.Player Newbie

tech204 is on a distinguished road
Default AC3 working - solved unsupported codec (AC3) issue

Thanks Hemu2051990 for sharing the compiled codec. I had a situation very similar to what Fresh described in this same thread. What made it more awkward to resolve this issue is that I have the same version of bsplayer v1.27 Build 190 across all of four android devices and all with custom codec not ticked. Right under the the use custom codec tick box, the greyed out bit read ARMv7 NEON (libffmpeg7_v19.so). From the four android devices only two were throwing the error message on mkv files with ac3 encoding "unsupported codec (ac3). Try custom codec" whereas the other two worked fine. Enabling custom codec and linking to the arm7 neon codec shared by Hemu2051990 on the mediafire resolved the issue. Can anybody explain why this happened on two and not all four of the same bsplayer version installed? Where is the default version of libffmpeg7_v19.so located in a bsplayer install on android?
Old 2nd January 2017
Banned
BS.Player Newbie

soloquierodescargar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Arm7
HTML Code:
Arm7 neon
HTML Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e8va6gjbtgxac7c/libffmpeg7_v19.so
Hi. I´m having troubles to compile it for x86_atom (disable yasm error). Could you complie it and upload it??

Thanks
Old 7th January 2017
BS.Player Newbie

quanticchaos is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Arm7
HTML Code:
Arm7 neon
HTML Code: