Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20th September 2014
BS.Player Newbie

tufighter is on a distinguished road
Default directly open links from browser

hi,
I want to open youtube links directly from my browser, instead of copying the url, switching to bsplayer, paste the url under "open url", scroll to the beginning and add http:// each time I want to watch a stream. Is it possible to be automated or the link associated in Android? When I click the link in opera classic, I get: Not Supported The protocol used in vnd.youtube:...?vndapp=youtube_mobile&vndclient=mv google&vndel=watch&vnddnc=1 is not supported
Old 13th October 2014
BS.Player Newbie

shaglord is on a distinguished road

Use the youtube app to browse and press share -> bs player to watch.

The feature i'm missing is the ability to change the youtube codec to a more bitrate efficient one than the bad one bs player chooses. I have a thread about the option of loading the youtube VP9 streams. Those streams are available in the html5 player and they look a million times better for the bitrate.
Old 24th October 2014
BS.Player Newbie

tufighter is on a distinguished road

Hi thx for your answer. My aim is to not use the youtube app or any other google apps at all and still be able to watch the stream without doing the copy/paste steps each time.
Old 27th December 2014
BS.Player Newbie

foxidrive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufighter View Post
My aim is to not use the youtube app or any other google apps at all and still be able to watch the stream without doing the copy/paste steps each time.
Did you find a solution?

I think the problem is that some web browsers don't offer you a choice of using a system installed app.

In my Android 4.2.1 machine I found that Opera didn't work, but Mathlon web browser did work IIRC as well as the built in web browser in my machine.

HTH

Tags
browser, directly, links, open