Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th August 2015
BS.Player Newbie

sinister69 is on a distinguished road
Default [Solved] Maddening problem with connecting to Yosemite imac

Hi all, and greetings from a new member :big grin:

I have for years used a PC at home (I use mac all day at work and was always reluctant to get one at home as well) and have always been well happy connecting to my shared folders using BS Player and streaming to my Nexus 10.

Recently though I saw a bargain iMac and bought it. I have also installed Win 10 and put all my fave apps back on, but primarily it will be in mac mode running Yosemite 10.10.4

My problem is that, despite researching and trying every User/Pass combination I can think of, I cannot get BS Player to connect to the iMac to see the shared folders I have made with all my media inside.

BS Player can see all of the Windows shares I made to test it, no problem. It also locates the iMac IP when I scan for it in LAN mode, but when I click on it and it asks for login credentials, it is refusing them over and over.

The Server IP/Name and Display Name are both populated with the correct 192.168.x.x number already, and I have tried entering my mac login and mac password but it just keep coming back with Unknown user name or Bad Password

I have enabled File Sharing on the mac and also enabled smb sharing, with full read/write access to all connections.

The only way I can make any connection to the mac is using ES File Explorer's SFTP mode and then play from there, but it is slow and nowhere near as responsive as BS player playing direct. Can BS player not make the connection itself?

I'm sure it's me missing something completely obvious but I have been drawing a blank for days now trying to get this working.

Could anyone shed any light on whatever configuration I've missed? Or can it be that BS Player cannot connect to Yosemite?

Many thanks for looking
S
Old 10th August 2015
BS.Player Newbie

sinister69 is on a distinguished road

No-one around to help I guess? :big grin:

Luckily, I found an app called SMBup that has resolved this. It appears to be Apple's implementation of Samba that BSPlayer can't handle.

Mods can you please close this thread.

Thanks to all that looked

Tags
connecting, imac, maddening, yosemite