Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th August 2016
BS.Player Newbie

SlappyHappy is on a distinguished road
Default This item isn't available in your country - Samsung Galaxy S3

Greetings...
I am trying to install the BSPlayer FREE app on my Samsung Galaxy Express 3. Sounds fairly simply, doesn't it? After countless hours of trying to figure out why I keep getting "This item isn't available in your country", I found this forum. I am located dead center in the Mid West (USA); so, how, I am not in the country I don't know.

I've tried the following with no success:
- adding a credit card to Google Play account
- using a VPN for UK, Canada, Poland, Germany, plus more
- clearing cache, etc for Google Play
- logging into Google Play from my computer and trying to install

There is no way this can be that complicated.
Help Please!

Last edited by SlappyHappy; 20th August 2016 at 08:13 PM.
Old 20th August 2016
BS.Player Newbie

SlappyHappy is on a distinguished road

No one has any idea?
Old 23rd August 2016
BS.player Regular User

Mokona512 is on a distinguished road

For some time I wanted to buy the full version, but it won't let me buy it, as it is not available in the US for some reason.

"This item cannot be installed in your device's country."

Last edited by Mokona512; 24th August 2016 at 01:27 AM.
Old 31st August 2016
BS.Player Newbie

fester13579 is on a distinguished road

I am also not able to install/buy from play store with or without a VPN.
Old 25th September 2016
BS.Player Newbie

TexasWren is on a distinguished road

I'm getting the same message trying to download this onto my wife's phone (Galaxy S7 Active, Android 6.0.1 with the latest security update). I didn't have any trouble getting it on my own phone, but now when I go to the Play store, it is no longer listed even when I search for it by name (the only way to get to it is by searching for it in Google). Has BS Player been pulled from Google Play? Or is it just no longer available in USA?
Old 27th September 2016
BS.player Regular User

It seems that it is just blocked form purchase in the US. as their item is still linked in the store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.full&hl=en

I wonder if anyone in their development team has noticed this, e.g., they may have mistakenly unchecked the US as one of the locations where the item is sold.
Old 29th September 2016
BS.Player Newbie

dhsc19 is on a distinguished road
Default BSPlayer FREE APK

Been having this trouble as well for my wife's LG G Vista 2. Tried to contact the developer in sever different ways now: through email, through Facebook, through the forum...no reply. The LG is running Android 6.0.1. Fairly new phone, released in Oct. 2015. I can't imagine why the mobile Play Store app says it is "not available in your country", while the web site version of the Play Store says "not compatible with any of your devices". My Samsung Galaxy S5 is also running Android 6.0.1 and it is able to install from the Play Store. I was able to take the APK from my Samsung Galaxy S5 and install it on my wife's LG G Vista 2 and the BS Player FREE works without any problem.

So, here's the BS Player FREE APK version 1.28.191 if anyone want to try to see if it will work on their "non-compatible" "not available in your country" devices: https://goo.gl/ojMDTR
Old 2nd October 2016
BS.player Regular User

It does the not compatible whenever there is a restriction on the availability within a country. I have yet to find a device that the program did not work on, though one common bug that I have noticed, is one of configuration.

If it experiences a delay in playback for any reason (e.g., lag, or a minor delay in streaming while in the popup player mode, the program will automatically close the pop-up player, and not retain the playback time, thus starting the video over again.

Other pop-up video players do not have that issue, thus you can freely surf the web without fear of the pop-up player randomly closing and forgetting where it left off.

Overall, if they can possibly get in contact with a dev who worked on dice player (abandoned video player), they could end up with a player that supports just about everything, while having a fully reliably pop-up player.
Old 4th October 2016
BS.Player Newbie

TexasWren is on a distinguished road

Now it has stopped saying that it's not available in my country, but it says it's not compatible with my device. So the Galaxy S6 Active is not supported? Hard to believe. I'd love to install it on my wife's S7 and upgrade myself to paid version, but this is very frustrating.
Old 4th October 2016
BS.player Regular User

Same here, I can click on the button to purchase it, but then it lists everything as not available in this country.

Last edited by Mokona512; 7th October 2016 at 12:22 AM.
Old 13th November 2016
BS.player Regular User

Wanted to add that I was finally able to purchase a copy of the application in the US, they might have fixed their settings on the app store for all users.

Tags
cannot install, country, galaxy, item, samsung