Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th February 2003
BS.Player Newbie

tac59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BSplayer has never worked for me

BS player has never worked for me when ever i play a divx the picture is purple and very distorted with many colors.. looks like a tv channle with poor reception i dont know what to do. i have win 98 and have tried the debug verson nothing works. If some one could help i would really appreaciate it

Thanks
TAC
Old 5th February 2003
BS.Player Newbie

zapjb is an unknown quantity at this point

Wish I knew for sure. Are your codecs up to date?
Old 5th February 2003
BS.player Regular User

Juggalo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BSplayer has never worked for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac59
BS player has never worked for me when ever i play a divx the picture is purple and very distorted with many colors.. looks like a tv channle with poor reception i dont know what to do. i have win 98 and have tried the debug verson nothing works. If some one could help i would really appreaciate it
Except for maybe some rgb/yuv problems (unlikely), this sounds like codec trouble. Did you install the Nimo Codec pack? It's known to have some trouble with decoding certain formats.

I can highly recommend Base2091's MultiMedia Essentials, available on www.base2091.com (3th item under 'Tools', or here's the download link directly, note that .bs2 = .rar) - it contains about every useful codec and works very well.
Old 5th February 2003
BS.Player Newbie

tac59 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replay.. i know my codecs are up to date and i have the nimo pack... and thanks for the wep page with (MultiMedia Essentials) there were some helpful stufff... but for some strange reason BSplayer just does not work for me many of the others work well .... i wanted to use it for subtitel use.. anyhow i was able to find an AWSOME divx player (not that bsplayer is bad i just never got it to work many people with new fast computers like it.. and i dont have a new and fast computer) its MV2 player it is GREAT!!! and works well on slow computers and has MANY MANY features its a great addition for divx players and i think it now is my primary player... anyhow thanks for the help.

TAC
Old 6th February 2003
BS.Player Power User

xlv600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an idea... You need at least DirectX 7.0

Tags
worked