Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/)
-   -   494 & OGM files bug report (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/1077-494-ogm-files-bug-report.html)

alxemi 15th February 2003 01:38 AM

494 & OGM files bug report

Tests made with Xvid-OGMs, using koepis unstable 27-1-2003 & ffdshow 3-1-2003 to decode. W98SE & DX8.1

If you use VORBIS audio streams:
In overlay mode 2 it shows subtitles rendered by subtitds only if subtitds is installed. The first subtitle stream is always showed by default.
In overlay mode 1 it shows subtitles rendered by bsplayer, but there are error with some spanish characters (??ˇ???©?*????) The errors exists only if subtitds is installed. If you uninstall subtitds, the error disappear

If you use AC3 audio streams:
In overlay mode 2 it shows subtitles rendered by subtitds only if subtitds is installed. The first subtitle stream is always showed by default.
In overlay mode 1 it hangs randomly, about 90%, with subtitds installed or without it.
Always with AC3 streams there are freezes and the seeking is slow (I think this is normal qith AC3-OGMs, i don´t remember in wich post i readed it)

If you use AC3 & VORBIS audio streams mixed in the same OGM:
In overlay mode 2 the two streams are played at a time.
In overlay mode 1 hangs, hangs, hangs....

If you use whatever:
In overlay mode 2 it hangs sometimes when closing it.. maybe 60% of hangs.
The only way to don´t start with the first subtitle stream by default, is starting the file with an .ini that includes:
[Subtitles]
DefaultSub=0

And the last-character-missed-bug that was already posted

Regards and excuse my poor english

The-Destiny 16th February 2003 06:04 PM

Yes, same problem here. The movie plays, but at first I get an access violation. Sometimes the player crashes at startup when you press "play".

It'd definitly a player bug.... and it suxx :P

Till 17th February 2003 12:28 PM

I'm also having problems with Xvid ogm files. not like you but problems just the same.

On some of my encodes, all I get is garbage on the screen when trying to open an ogm. Funny thing is, if I rename them to .avi and then let win2k preview pain display the preview first, then double clicking on the file opens in bs player with the usual overlay failed error and then proceeds to play the movie ok. If I try to open the same file with an ogm extension, it won't play. This is both build .493 and .494 Build 085.486 works perfect...

Till

Till 17th February 2003 12:28 PM

I'm also having problems with Xvid ogm files. not like you but problems just the same.

On some of my encodes, all I get is garbage on the screen when trying to open an ogm. Funny thing is, if I rename them to .avi and then let win2k preview pain display the preview first, then double clicking on the file opens in bs player with the usual overlay failed error and then proceeds to play the movie ok. If I try to open the same file with an ogm extension, it won't play. This is both build .493 and .494 Build 085.486 works perfect...

Till

Till 17th February 2003 12:29 PM

Till

Till 17th February 2003 12:31 PM

Sorry, but this stupid forum told me it didn't post Go figure?