Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/)
-   -   Bug with idx/sub files (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/1324-bug-idx-sub-files.html)

bna 26th March 2003 09:21 AM

Bug with idx/sub files

When trying to view .avi file in the directory, where .idx and .sub files with the same name (as .avi) are located, BSPlayer crashed.
Looks like BSPlayer tried to load sibtitles in Vobsub format and didn't succeed in this...
Strange thing is that WMP and PowerDVD crash too, but WinDVD correctly plays movie with subs :)
When .avi was renamed it was played normally.

Quietseb 26th March 2003 01:41 PM

you have latest versions of bsplayer (0.86.494) and DirectVobSub (2.23) ?

bna 26th March 2003 03:59 PM

I have the latest official BSPlayer 0.86.493.
VobSub was installed with GordianKnot, where can I check it version?

BTW, with my current version of VobSub WinDVD works well :)

Quietseb 26th March 2003 04:30 PM

check vobsub's version: when it's playing (with windvd in your case), it should show as a green arrow in the systray.
right-click it, choose "directvobsub"
Directvobsub's config window will show up and there is a "about" window in which the version is shown I believe.

otherwise try to find a file named dvobsub.ax, maybe the version is shown in the properties of the file.

My point was that newest versions of bsplayer (build 490 and +) are not compatible with older versions of vobsub (2.14 and -)
but I can't figure out either why it won't work with wmp and powerdvd but works with windvd :|

bna 26th March 2003 04:37 PM

Yes, I have VobSub 2.14.
As far as I remember, I had problems with the newer version (maybe it was 2.23) during sutitles converting (from picture to text), so I rolled back to previous version.
I can install 2.23 and recheck, but nevertheless it looks like BSPlayer has the bug regarding VobSub -- WinDVD correctly works with 2.14.

Quietseb 26th March 2003 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bna
nevertheless it looks like BSPlayer has the bug regarding VobSub

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quietseb
My point was that newest versions of bsplayer (build 490 and +) are not compatible with older versions of vobsub (2.14 and -)

win32 applications are not compatible with windows 3.1 ... that's not regarded as a bug ;)

if you wish to use vobsub 2.14 at any rate, you should rollback to bsplayer 0.85.488 ...
If you cannot find it, I think I still have it at home (I must check for it) and can email it or upload it.

bna 27th March 2003 07:35 AM

This is not important issue for me, simply noticed this bug and let know this to "Bug reports" forum.
I'm usually using text subtitles, not in VobSub format.
But anyway thank you for proposal ;-)